Peace of Mind through Excellence in Care
Hey, I’m Chris! I grew up in Gaithersburg, Maryland and have always had a passion for animals. If a neighbor, family member, or friend needed help with their animal companions, I was the first to volunteer!
In 2014, I met my wife-to-be, Patty, and we bonded over our passion for animals. After rescuing our first pitt-mix, Pepper, in 2015, we began to seek professional training and education to provide her with an enriched and fulfilling life. As we began to care for and train Pepper, others wanted the same excellence in care and enriching fulfillment that Pepper had and that’s when our passions turned into our profession.
Building relationships and bonding with animals is very rewarding for us. We love to learn and help teach others about animal behavior and enrichment techniques to give all animals a safe environment and positive experience.
Gaithersburg Pet Sitters is a professional, licensed, and insured dog walking and pet sitting company based in Gaithersburg, MD. We are local animal lovers and pet parents focusing on enrichment and education to provide a safe environment and positive experience for your companion animals. We provide a home-like environment with individualized care so you can trust that your dog is safe and happy. We give you piece of mind through excellence in care.
Our dog stayed with Chris for daycare for a few days and it was the best experience for her! Our pup is usually very anxious when meeting new people, but Chris was very patient with her and she took to him quickly. In past daycare experiences, our pup would never play with other dogs and would just lay off to the side waiting for us to pick her up. Chris sent me photos everyday of her playing with a different dog and it was amazing. Chris provides a fun comfortable experience for dogs that you can’t get at a boarding facility. I will definitely be using his services again and I completely recommend him!
We had chosen Chris for his dog boarding services before so we were confident that our Mochi would have a good time again during her one week stay while we were out of town. Mochi has a good time playing with Chris’s daycare dogs and he sends pictures and updates regularly. If any issues come up, he communicates right away. Chris- Thank you so much again for taking good care of Mochi and your reliability.
Would give 10 stars if I could. Chris was available on a very short notice and really catered to our dog’s needs and to our schedule. Our dog is sensitive and can get very depressed when we have to go out of town (so much so that we took him with us on a trip to Europe). But Chris and his wife take such loving care of him that he doesn’t mind staying there, which is a great relief. Plenty of pictures, plenty of walks, and Jake was allowed on the furniture. We are very glad that we found Chris!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
For daily dog walks, house visits, or daycare:
- No fee: 24+ hours notice.
- 55% fee: 12-24 hours of notice.
- 100% fee: after 9am on day of service.
- No fee: 14+ days notice.
- 55% fee: 7-14 days notice.
- 100% fee: less than 7 days notice.
- If you are assessed a cancellation fee, you may reschedule service within 30 days and the fee will be credited to the rescheduled service.
- If you’re a potential new client, the best way to get started is by completing our New Client form. If you’re an existing client, please log-in through our Desktop Portal or through the Time to Pet mobile app.
- Upon receiving your request, we’ll check our availability and request some days/times you’d like us to come out for a ‘meet and greet’. If it’s a short notice request, we may put you directly in touch with the sitter. During the ‘meet and greet’, a Gaithersburg Pet Sitter dog walker or pet sitter will come to your home to meet you and your pet. We’ll collect basic contact, emergency, and vet info, review your pet’s needs and routine, and discuss any special requests you might have. Hopefully, it’s a match made in heaven!
- If so, we’ll confirm your scheduled services by email within a few hours of the ‘meet and greet.’
$5 for walks, $2 per additional pet (beyond 2 pets) for visits, and $25 per additional dog for daycare and overnights. You can view our pricing details on our Rates and Services for more details.
- No way. Your first ‘meet and greet’ is always complimentary, at no additional charge!
- The way we see it: a good pet care relationship starts with good chemistry between pet and pet sitter. We go into every meeting with the hope of developing a long-lasting relationship with you and your pet. The only time there’s a fee is if you require more than 1 with the same sitter or require a ‘trial run’, which we’re happy to offer at a $20 visit fee.
Yes, we are insured through Pet Sitters Associates, LLC. Our coverage extends to the following:
- General Liability: protects against third party claims for bodily injury or property damage.
- Care, Custody or Control: provides coverage for your pet and any personal property in our care, custody or control. This also covers pets while in transport in a vehicle, pet taxi, or other means. This policy covers all independent contractors, employees, and volunteers. Veterinary medical expenses are also included in CCC Coverage and the policy pays claims regardless of the negligence/fault for accidental injuries to pets.
To see more information on our coverage, you can view our insurance coverage here.
Ready to be part of the family?
We provide a home-like environment with individualized care so you can trust that your dog is safe and happy.